Saturday, February 21, 2009

A blog post, finally..






A couple of pictures to start with.. Doug and I went back out to Cadens gravesite a few days ago and planted some tulip bulbs around the area.. I look forward to seeing them out there!





My sister and niece went to San Diego for the weekend.. I mentioned to my sister that it would be neat to have another pic of Cadens name in the sand.. and she texted this to me last night! I am so happy that she did this! :) I love the effect with the little sand pebbles lying around gives it.. Thank you, Misti!




In other news we have had some funny moments around here... While driving into Durango the other day I mentioned the big icicles on the side of the mountain for Seth to see and he excitedly tells his Gramma to Watch the big icePickles on the mountain! hehe
Yesterday we were driving home from town and Chandra read off a church sign that said "Dont be so open minded your brains fall out" We got a giggle out of that but an even bigger giggle when a few minutes later a sleepy Seth starts laughing.. I say whats so funny, baby.. He says "Ahya says dont eat apples or your brains will fall out" LOL! I guess that is what he heard as he was drifting to sleep..
The kids and I are gearing up for a trip across country in May/June.. Doug will be unable to take vacation until August but wants us to be able to travel and visit friends and family. I am really looking forward to this..although I am sad that he will not be there with us :(

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I love tulips! I'm sure they'll look very pretty.

I found out some more info about that picture of Jesus holding the baby. There's a post about it on my Forever in our Hearts blog.

Heidi said...

Caden's gravesite will be so lovely. Perhaps you can share pictures when the tulips come up. I've been considering asking my mom to write Savannah's name in the sand since she lives near the ocean. :)
- Heidi