Sierra turned 19 today.. I have to ask myself where the time goes.. Bear with me while I reminisce: Sierra was due on February 19th.. We tried everything to go into labor but she was not coming.. I remember people in the grocery stores staring at me when I came in leery I would pop while I was there LOL One night about a week after her due date we had a huge ice storm.. it was beautiful but there was no way we were going to drive in it and of course I started having contractions.. We were so excited and decided we would just deliver our baby at home! Doug worked hard to have the house all nice and warm and he got all kinds of preperations under way.. including a mat for delivery in the warm room of our home (without electricity *storm* there was only one room with heat!) We laid down to get some rest and all my contractions just went away :( So another week later I had a drs appt and they did a quick scan to check on the baby and found that the amniotic fluid was almost depleted! That was scary.. The drs tried to make us sign a paper stating that we would not sue if something were to happy to our baby during delivery.. I dont think so! We headed to the hospital for induction.. They started the pit at 1:10pm and Sierra was born at 5:08 .. Yep she was quick! She weighed in at 7 lb 12 oz and 21 in long.. I was so excited to have our 3rd baby here safe and sound.. Shawn was nearly 4 and Chandra was just over 2 yrs old.. they were so excited about this new baby sister :)
1 week ago









1 comments:
What a great story! Happy Birthday to Sierra! :)
Post a Comment