Sunday, May 31, 2009

Heavens Very Special Child




HEAVEN'S VERY SPECIAL CHILD



A meeting was held quite far from Earth!
It's time again for another birth.
Said the Angels to the LORD above,
This Special Child will need much love.

His progress may be very slow,
Accomplishments he may not show.
And he'll require extra care
From the folks he meets down there.

He may not run or laugh or play,
His thoughts may seem quite far away,
In many ways he won't adapt,
And he'll be known as handicapped.

So let's be careful where he's sent,
We want his life to be content.
Please LORD, find the parents who
Will do a special job for you.

They will not realize right away
The leading role they're asked to play,
But with this child sent from above
Comes stronger faith and richer love.

And soon they'll know the privilege given
In caring for their gift from Heaven.
Their precious charge, so meek and mild,
Is HEAVEN'S VERY SPECIAL CHILD.
by Edna MassionillaDecember 1981



Philip Dailey, age 24 left this world and his weary body on Thursday, May 28, 2009 at the Ohio State University Medical Center East Campus after a 2 year battle with end stage renal disease. Philip was born on February 6, 1985 in Mount Vernon to Daniel L. and Lisa A. (McClure) Dailey who survive in Cardington.

Philip is also survived by his brothers and sisters: Amber Dailey (Billy Copen) of Mount Gilead, Ashley, Brian, Ben and Jimmy Dailey all of Cardington; paternal grandparents, Alice and Joe Pukansky of Cardington and Carroll Dailey of Marengo; maternal grandparents, Dan and Faye McClure of Chesterville; paternal great-grandmother, Ethel Dailey of Marengo; maternal great-grandfather, Harry Harrington of Patriot, one nephew, Anthony Copen of Mount Gilead and many aunts, uncles and cousins.

Philip was student of Mount Gilead Schools and attended Whetstone School and the Tomorrow Center. He finished his schooling in 2007 and received his diploma for completing the requirements of his Individual Education Plan. Philip was well loved at school and brought joy to all those who knew him. He was especially fond of Rhonda Justice, Rita Bosh and Barb Young who taught and cared for him for many years.

Philip was most recently a resident of Woodside Village Extended Care Facility and previously lived in Group Home Number four under the care of Morning View Care Center. He had wonderful care givers too numerous to mention who cared for him as well as any family member could have, and he was very happy when he was there. A special friend was Eva who helped Philip during his dialysis visits.

Philip enjoyed music very much and if he was having a particularly difficult day would calm down to the sounds of the Carpenters. If he was in a good mood, he enjoyed loud and fast music such as Kiss or Journey. Philip also enjoyed country music, but would roll his eyes just like the rest of the family when Mom played Garth Brooks constantly.

His one great love in life was food and he could rival even his biggest brother in the amount of food he could put away. Some of his favorites were Oreo cookies, chocolate milk, pasta, and the goopy melty stuff left over at the bottom of a bowl of ice cream. His absolute favorite thing in the world was a nice big bowl of oatmeal any time of the day or night.

Philip liked looking at magazines and was never without one. No matter where he was, hospital, dialysis, or home there was always someone who knew he needed magazines and would get him one if Mom hadn't already. There are probably people all over this state keeping magazines for Philip right now.

Calling hours will be held Thursday, June 4th from 5:00PM to 8:00PM at Gompf Funeral Home where a celebration of Philip's life will be held Friday, June 5th at 11:00AM. Interment will be at Forest Memorial Garden in Fredericktown.

Memorial contributions may be made the family in care of Gompf Funeral Service, 440 South Center Street, Cardington, Ohio 43315.

Philip is the son of my cousin, Lisa..

This poem really meant alot to me when I read it.. It speaks of Lisa in the 4thverse.. I have watched for 24 years as she fought for Philip every step of theway.. When Philip was little he would sit in his seat and loved to eat oatmeal cream pies.. He would make quite a mess tearing into one and you could tell he really enjoyed them. One of his favorite pasttimes was sitting on the floor and tearing up paper into tiny little pieces.. the happiness was evident in his big grins. When I hear the argument for aborting special needs children because their quality of life would not be good, I think of him.. He was a joy, he loved his life.. He was a blessing to his parents and all of his family. He was a blessing to me. Lisa, You have been (still are) an incredible mama and I love you dearly.


Please keep Lisa and her family in your prayers and also all of those who are travelling. I will be heading to Ohio on Monday evening. Thank you!




4 comments:

Mrs T said...

thank you for sharing him with us. may you be comforted in this time of grief.

Carletta said...

Thank you for sharing Philip's story!

Ange said...

What a beautiful and precious life. I was blessed to read about this special young man! The poem is just lovely and such powerful reminder of how privileged we are to be entrusted with lives God holds so dear. Thank you for blessing me today. Ange

Lauren Delaine said...

WOW! I am moved with so much emotion!

I didn't anticipate this when I stopped here to visit. I found you via The Pioneer Woman's comments.

That darned quiz kept me up last night and saw that you, too, missed #7, Corey Haim. OH the anguish of it! My husband owned a video store when I met him. First, he said Anthony Michael Hall. KNEW it just couldnt' be him. BUT, Corey Haim WAS his second guess. I blew off all the searches of pics from his early films.

Now, I'm not sure I can sleep tonight.

BUt I digress from my thoughts on this post. What an amazing person! This was so beautifully written. My heart aches for you, his family, his mother, his father. I simply cannot fathom your loss.

I'm grateful that I stopped here. You should know that I LOVE THE BEACH! Your pictures also moved me.

I look forward to browsing your blog and hope you'll stop by sometime for a visit.

Many blessings,
Rena Gunther
insertgracehere.com