Sunday, January 9, 2011

Have you ever felt like you really missed out?

That is how I felt yesterday. We attended the funeral of one of Dougs former co-workers. I remember Doug talking about this man alot, they had many biblical discussions. I also remember wanting to tell Doug that we should visit with this man and his family outside of work. Doug has never been one to friend co workers.. he tends to keep these things seperate, so though he considered the same thing, he would not allow himself to contact him outside of work.

We missed out. This mans funeral was blessed. It was beautiful and sad. It reminded me alot of my Daddys service just 3 months ago. I wish that I had followed what I felt I should do a few years ago and asked Doug to contact him outside of work.
I cann't even get over this feeling of how we missed out on something/someone who was supposed to be in our lives. I hope I do not let that happen again.

1 comments:

Rivers of Water said...

ugghh, the feeling of regret of not listening to the Lord!! I have been there myself and resolved to not ignore Him again. So far so good!!