So here it is (almost) Monday morning. Technically it is still Sunday night in my neck of the woods but deal with it. Do you have those days where you just wonder what in the world is going on? I know everyone does. Over the last several weeks we have had to deal with a refrigerator that is wanting to quit.. It is still working but it leaks water over everything in the refrigerator.. Plus the door wants to fall off, I have to keep banging it into place.. how funny is that?! I have to laugh.. its not even an old refrigerator, we bought it new less than 2 yrs ago, but of course the warranty is up. So Saturday afternoon I sent my daughter out to the chest freezer for something or another and she comes running back to tell me that there is smoke coming out of the side of it.. SMOKE!? So I run out and we get it unplugged.. I took the exhaust cover off of it and when hubby got home he found that an electric box inside the motor area had caught on fire.. Its smoked. Permanently. Yay. So I spent the rest of the day and night trying to save as much food as possible.. so far I seem to be winning..but what food we had planned to last for a couple of months will now be eaten in just a few days because we have nowhere else to put it.. ha! I do find this humorous, honestly. I have to keep laughing. Anyone have a freezer? *grin*
Last Monday, July 13th was our 24th wedding anniversary! 24 years! I wonder how that happened. Hubby took the day off of work so we could take the kids out to the lake for a swim. What started out as a fun day had a nearly tragic ending.. Two of my children ventured out farther than they were supposed to go and slipped into a very deep area of the lake.. I thank God daily that they did not panic and were able to help each other bob up out of the water..but watching them go back down each time put me into panic mode.. I was screaming for Doug and Toy to help them.. Thank God my hubby was able to get behind them and shove them into the shallow area again. Needless to say we left the lake at that point. 16 years ago this week, July 24th.. we were at another lake near here and a couple were drinking and allowed their young children to get into deep water.. my husband and best friend, Chelley, jumped in to save them.. and it ended in the deaths of an 8yo girl named Jillian and my best friend, Chelley, who was one month short of her 20th birthday. It was a devestating tragedy that should have never happened and set us up for worries over our children forever. So having this happen near the anniversary of that day has had us second guessing ourselves and what we could have, should have done in both situations.. neither one of which can we change..
Funny when I decided to post on here tonight, none of this was on my mind but this is what has come out so I think it will stay here.
What I am thankful for:
My Lord.. I would be remiss in not thanking him for his protection last Monday, his hand over my children. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
My husband of 24 years.. his strength and his love for me.
My children.. Shawn, Chandra, Sierra, Colton, Caitlyn, Cassidy, Stephen, Seth and my little one waiting above, Caden.. They have each taught me a little bit more about life and love.
Family.. Without them I would not be who I am today.. the good, the bad and the ugly ;)
Friends.. who are there for me when I need them.
:)
1 week ago









2 comments:
I loved reading this! Beautiful, sad, funny...all wrapped up in one post.
What a sweet post, Sheri.
I guess I didn't realize that those people actually drowned.
I'm sorry. How awful.
I'm glad your children are all ok. I almost drowned as a child and I know how scary it feels to be under water.
Post a Comment