Well ok, He is 23.. but he is still my first baby! I was so excited to become a mommy.. it had been my dream since I was just a little girl. My husband and I were married on July 13, 1985.. I found out we were expecting on Thanksgiving day just a few months later. Our babys due date, July 28th, 1986. What a blessing! Early in the wee morning hours of July 21, 1986 I was woke up by a huge storm, my dog was whining to come in the house so I got up and let him in.. I laid back down and at just past 3am I heard a little *pop* and suddenly my bed was getting wet! I realized instantly that my water had broken and my baby was on his way! I literally kicked my husband awake and told him that it was time.. and he started stumbling around trying to get everything ready to leave.. I had to laugh at him. He was so absent minded :D He got me and my bag in the car and we left for the hospital which was a 45 minute drive away.. about 10 minutes down the road he realized he had not combed his hair so he had to stop at a 7/11 and buy a comb LOL! We got to the hospital about 5am and they checked to make sure my water had actually broken..haha. They admitted us after being sure of it and we settled in to await our first childs arrival. The day went fairly quickly though it was a bit of a wait. Sometime around 10am my contractions had gotten quite painful and though I had wanted a natural childbirth, my husband could not handle seeing me in pain and begged me to get an epidural, so I did.. At around 1:30 pm the Dr said I was complete and ready to push.. As first babies quite often do, it still took some time.. and our first child, a boy was born at 3:37 pm. I was a Mommy!!! 
Shawn William
July 21, 1986
3:37pm
6 lbs 12 oz
19 1/2 inches long
1 week ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment