I will be placing a tree in our Memorial Box for this story. We were staying at a campground in Ohio for the summer. Doug was working nights and so I tried to keep the children away from the camper so he could sleep during the day. On this one day we had run into town to visit family and had arrived back at the camper around the time Doug would be waking up. Shawn was 6, Chandra 4 and Sierra 2 at this time. I had left the children in their carseats for just a minute while I checked to see if Doug was awake yet.. He was and so I turned around to get the children from the car and to my shock I see the car rolling down the hill with my children inside. At the bottom of the hill there is a pond, so the fear I felt was immense. I immediately started screaming for Doug not knowing what he can do at this point but just feeling helpless.. In my mind I begin praying.. Please, Lord, take care of my babies. Doug is running for the car and as we watch, it then turns to the right just a little and slams into a large tree. I was sure they would be hurt but when we reached the car they were fine! Shawn and Chandra were both in the front seat, having unbuckled themselves when we stopped.. They were completely protected .. no bumps, scrapes, bruises, nothing. Sierra was in her carseat still and though she was scared and crying, she also had no ill effects from the crash. We talked about it later and realized just how amazing this was.. The tree was the only one close to the road going down that hill, just the night before there was a family camping in front of that tree in a tent, they had packed up and left not long before we returned home.. and the pond, I have a hard time when i think about that pond and what could have happened... We found out later that the car did not lock into park, so Shawn had grabbed the gear shift to pull himself up and that knocked the car into neutral.. A very scary event.
We could call it coincidence that all these things happened just the way that they did..but we know better. Gods protection over our children was very evident that day and we will ever be thankful!










1 comments:
Wow! I'm sure you had a renewed appreciation that day!
My new blog is up, would love to have you visit!
Post a Comment