We bought our first computer in August of 1998. I was so excited about the idea of the internet and how we could use it for schooling.. I had no idea where else it would lead. I had no idea there were so many other large families out there until I got online.. that was such a blessing to me! I had 6 children at the time and finding there were others with that many and *gasp* even more was amazing to me ;) We have been very blessed not only by meeting people online but then meeting them in person and becoming "irl" (in real life) friends also! What a joy that has been.
There have been many changes along the way.. We have added two children and lost a little sweetie along the way.. Our children have grown by leaps and bounds and are not all children anymore.. sniff. In 1999, I started a board with a friend which grew and grew and it was such a blessing to me for 7 years until it was time for me to go.. but it helped me grow as a mother and as a christian and I will always be grateful for that time there and the friends that I made along the way who are such a blessing to me.
What I have found in being online is a large community.. a community of believers who can gather together to pray for each other when those prayers are much needed..
When I lost my baby, I found there were many others who have been in those shoes and unfortunately have met many since then who have lost little ones.. Some of those conversations got me through very difficult times.. and I am so thankful for that. There are many boards and people that I read who may never know who I am but I know who they are through their blogs and the situations that they are going through.. and thats ok because we are here to keep them and their families in prayer as they go through very difficult times..
I have also been able to keep up with family whom I only get to see every few years.. now we can send instant messages and keep up with each other on family bulletin boards and facebook.. We can see in a second what a family member is going through and get in contact with them immediately to let them know that yes, we care and we are out here thinking and praying for you!
This is alot of what has been on my mind today and blogging it just made sense :)









2 comments:
Great post! I've had many of the same experiences; I just need to work on the continual struggle of balancing my computer time with my family time. :)
When Emily died, the online community rallied around us just as much as our IRL community did. It was beautiful to behold. I will never ever forget it as long as I live.
Blessings to you,
Amy
Post a Comment