Sunday, October 24, 2010

Counting my blessings



Such a sweet idea by Tamara for the month leading up to Thanksgiving. I am going to start this Sunday by thanking God for the blessing of my Dad. He went to be with Jesus a week ago this morning and I am missing him sorely.. but I know that he is safe there and no doubt has already picked up on harp playing.. he was one of the best guitar players ever and he loved the sound of the harp. Thank you,Daddy for giving us the love of music and of the Lord.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Sheri! This is a beautiful post of special gratitude. Shows a deep love for a father :)

Thank you joining in and may His abundance shine through all your posts! I really look forward to reading about all the blessings.

~Tamara

Make a Joyful Noise all ye Lands said...

Hello Sheri,
What a special post of graititude and love for your dad. May the Lord comfort you during this difficult time of sorrow..

In His Love,
Virginia

Rivers of Water said...

Oh Sheri,
I am just weeping with sadness for you that he is gone from this side of Heaven. I know you will see him again in the Lord's timing but it doesn't make the loss necessarily easier right now.

My prayers are lifting you up and I know you have been truly blessed with a wonderful father and that it is easy to give thanks to Father God for him as your earthly dad.

(((hugs))) Much Love your friend, Melissa

Anonymous said...

What a precious post. I am sorry for your loss, but I admire how you have found some comfort at a time like this.

Anonymous said...

In your loss, Our Lord has blessed you with peace and a knowing truth that your dad is with Him now.

May He continue to comfort you and keep you close to Him.

M.

Anonymous said...

We've missed your posts and hope that all is well.

Praying that you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.