Saturday, September 26, 2009

Life in General..

I keep telling myself I will blog more often, but then I think I have nothing to blog about. I think I'll just do it anyway! Welcome to my life ;)
It is fall again. I am not ready for this cooler weather or to enter this season again. I always get a touch of the blues for some reason. We have managed to keep busy. I started canning for the first time ever.. it began out of necessity after my big deep freeze broke (boo hoo) and I had to have some way of storing food. We have canned pinto beans, chili, green chiles, grape jelly and peach jam and preserves. My husband is loving the canning and thinks I should be able to can just anything.. LOL
I just wish we had a garden and could can our own home grown food! That is a dream we hope someday comes true. It is very difficult in our area of the country to make a garden work..

I think it is time to pull out the coffee pot again. I do not care for coffee in the warm months but once the mornings are cool again, it sounds really good. So today I will pull it out of its hiding place and make me some.. French vanilla creamer, anyone?
I also need to find everyones warm jammies and my fuzzy sock slippers.. then I'll be set for the cold weather!

Well I seem to have run out of steam already.. I have some other post ideas running through my head so I'll investigate those later..
Blessings to all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a cup a coffee today. First one in quiet awhile.
We're 3/4 of the way finished with the boys room.
Have you tried any of your jam yet?

Denise said...

I think that's so great that you're canning. It's something I've never done, but I'd like to try it. We had a garden this year, but it didn't produce much except for lots of zucchini and yellow squash.

I just love that you have Shandra's beach picture on your blog! That's so sweet! :)

Kidcraze said...

Mmmm...French Vanilla creamer is my whole reason for drinking coffee!

Ange said...

French Vanilla is also my favorite...every morning. And now my husband and older kids like it. That is one thing I would hide it I could...well, besides chocolate. I love your blog. It is so good to see you writing more...keep going!

Blessings!
Ange